Cleveland Community Fire Department
205 School St.
Cleveland, NC 27013
Emergencies, Fire or Medical:
The Cleveland Community Volunteer Fire Department is dedicated to protecting life and property by providing effective public education, fire prevention, and emergency services.
Fire Chief: Kenny Payne
Cleveland Community Volunteer Fire Department serves a community of over 3,000 residents expanding over 32 square miles.
- 1953 – Chartered
- 1994 – Town of Cleveland Fire Department disbanded and merged with the Cleveland Community Volunteer Fire Department.
- 2003 – Fire Department constructed a secondary station located at 3360 Third Creek Church Road to help lower response times and insurance rates.
- 2003 – The department hired its first part time personnel to assist in day time coverage. The Board of Directors approved three positions Monday through Friday.
- 2013 – The Department was inspected by the NCOSFM Rating Department and received a 3/5 ISO rating for the district.
- 2019 – The Board of Directors approved one position for night time coverage.
- November 2019 – The fire department converted one day shift part time position into full time.
- April 6, 2020 – The department moved into the newly constructed fire station which was built to replace the outdated main fire station. The new station is over 22,000 sq ft and has a workout room, large training room, and room to house 10 firefighters for 24 hours.
Cleveland Community Volunteer Fire Department is a registered 501(C)3 not-for-profit organization funded through fire tax revenues.