Fire | Police | Water & Sewer | Garbage & Recycling | Streets | Trails and Parks | Library | Medical/EMS | Post Office
Water & Sewer
The Town of Cleveland’s water and wastewater treatment facilities are self-sufficient, unlike many other municipalities in Rowan County. The wastewater treatment plan is located on Third Creek Church Road and has a capacity for 275,000 gallons per day. Currently, the town is using from 130,000 to 150,000 gallons per day, serving residents and businesses. A 20-year plan for future need is under study by the Board of Commissioners.
Utilities are maintained by a qualified operator and two Town of Cleveland employees in the Maintenance Department. The water system is fueled by three town-owned wells with the water supply treated to meet state requirements.
For utility questions weekdays, call the Town Hall, 704.278.4777. For emergencies after 4:30pm weekdays or on weekends or holidays, call the Rowan County Communications Center, 704.216.8400, and ask for an alert to the Police Officer on duty.
Utility bills are issued at the end of each month. Payments can be made as follows:
- By mail, 302 E Main Street, Cleveland NC 27013-8414.
- Dropbox, outside Town Hall. (Do not deposit cash after 4:00 pm to 8:30 am weekdays or on weekends or holidays.)
- By phone, 8:30 am-4:30pm, weekdays, 704.278.4777
- E-billing. Register on the e-commerce site (View eBill tab) and use the View eBill tab to view your bills. By signing up for electronic billing, you will no longer receive a paper bill in the mail.
- E-Pay: Use the Online Bill Pay tab to pay your bill online using your credit card, debit card or electronic check. You will need your account #, name on the account, amount to pay (site will not show your balance) and card/check information. Convenience fees will be 2.65% with a minimum of $2 for credit/debit card payments. Electronic checks have a flat fee of $2 with a payment limit of $10,000.
- $100 deposit and photo ID are required to establish service.
- $50 charge to cut water on or off after 3:30pm weekdays or on weekends, unless it is an emergency.