The Town of Cleveland is the only town in North Carolina located within 10 miles of three major interstates. Strategically located Right on U.S. 70, The Town of Cleveland has easy access to these three major interstates:
- I-40, a major east-west interstate
- I-77, a major north-south interstate
- I-85, a major north-south interstate that bisects Rowan County
The Town is a peaceful place of small-town living, yet within 10 miles of the town limits, a total of 21,000 people reside and within 50 miles, 35% of the entire population of North Carolina, or 3.5 million people, reside.
The Town of Cleveland is located about equal distance from two of the largest cities in the state:
- 38 miles from Charlotte, the largest city and voted amongst the top places to live and work
- 42 miles from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, the second largest municipality in the Piedmont and the fifth largest city in the state
- 15 miles from Lake Norman, the largest lake in North Carolina
- Conveniently located near three neighboring county seats, including:
- 15 miles to Salisbury, the county seat of Rowan County
- 13 miles to Statesville, the county seat of Iredell County
- 17 miles to The Town of Mocksville, the county seat of Davie County
- 100 miles to Asheville and the North Carolina mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway
- 126 miles to the Research Triangle (Raleigh/Durham area)
- 4-5 hours from some of the best beaches on the East Coast in North Carolina and South Carolina
The Town of Cleveland is within quick access to two major airports and three regional airports.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
The Town of Cleveland is less than 40 minutes to Charlotte Douglas International Airport, the sixth busiest airport in North America by total aircraft movement, seventh busiest in the world by total aircraft movements, 12th busiest in North America by passengers, and 32nd busiest in the world for passengers. With 9 major airlines, Charlotte Douglas International Airport has 700 plus flights every day with non-stop flights to 175 destinations, including 33 international destinations.
Piedmont/Triad Airport in Greensboro, NC, offers 16 flights daily to destinations throughout the U.S. The airport is approximately 65 miles from the Town of Cleveland. Piedmont/Triad Airport is the third busiest airport in North Carolina, averaging 280 takeoffs and landings each day. Piedmont/Triad Airport is the hub for Federal Express.
Concord Padgett Regional Airport
In nearby Cabarrus County, Concord Padgett Regional Airport is located about 29 miles from the Town of Cleveland. The airport is classified as a reliever airport for Charlotte Douglas International Airport and offers non-stop service to several East Coast tourist locations, including Orlando. This airport is sometimes called NASCAR Airport, because of the many race teams that are based here to be near Charlotte Motor Speedway
Mid-Carolina Regional Airport (formerly Rowan County Airport)
A general aviation airport located 10 miles away from the Town of Cleveland, Mid-Carolina offers a 5,500-foot by 100-foot runway. This regional airport recently invested $2.8 million in expansion to support regional travel needs. The airport also offers a Flight School, Pilot’s Lounge, and Office Space rental
3670 Airport Loop
Salisbury, NC 28147
Statesville Regional Airport
Statesville Regional is a general aviation airport located approximately 12 miles from the Town of Cleveland. It offers a 7,000-foot runway and full parallel taxiway to handle any size corporate aircraft. Recently, this Regional Airport invested $8 million in expansion to support regional travel needs. Located along 1-40 and 1-77, the airport offers natural transportation advantages, providing corporate aviation for Fortune 500 companies, as well as multiple NASCAR teams.
Rail service in Rowan County includes a consolidated system of more than 3,200 miles of track with service to 22 states. CSX Transportation, Norfolk Southern and independent carriers move through the county. Amtrak Train travel is available from Salisbury and Kannapolis.
This site contains information and content supplied by third parties. Information contained herein regarding any specific person, business, commercial product process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by The Town of Cleveland NC, its Board of Commissioners, or employees.